Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome!

I’m constantly struck by the capability of we humans  to ignore sage advice–  to our peril.
In the coming weeks, I hope to post some examples, in my opinion– of  bold, brave, and often unpopular ideas, advice, and warnings from noted thinkers and leaders of this nation that have been greeted with skepticism, condemnation, and often–  ridicule.  It is my hope that with hindsight, we might realize how prescient many of these people were, and if it’s not already too late–  perhaps embrace these ideas today and act upon them accordingly.  Eventually, I would like to create an environment, or forum where– with a (hopefully) broadened perspective, we can look at some of the currently unpopular, and marginalized ideas from a more open-minded viewpoint, and initiate the necessary changes now, rather than later.

Of course, the choice of these examples will be highly subjective.  I will certainly be disagreed with and criticized for the content I select, but the real beauty of this premise is that if you denigrate and ridicule me and my opinions, you are by definition–  swine.

1 comment: